Returning Sun Charity Event Video

As we mentioned a couple days ago, we were very proud to part of the Returning Sun charity event. While upstairs on the main floor of the Revival lounge, the DJ’s and musicians were entertaining the crowd, we were in the basement participating in the silent auction, and providing some awesome background beats live. Allison, our support superhero and also our team’s video guru, put together this video in between…

Read more Leave a comment

Learning to Code for Push through the Community

Learning To Code For Ableton Push The Ableton and Cycling ’74 team is incredibly busy and have a ton of different requests coming in all the time. I know this from experience. When I used to work at IBM, we took a two-day Agile workshop, and in it they spoke about lists of customer requests. For a particular Compiler Team that the instructors worked with directly, they analyzed the feature…

myo listens

The Gesture Controlled Armband – Introducing Myo

Myo Armband Click Here To Pre-Order Now The Myo gesture and motion control armband lets you use the movements of your hands to effortlessly control your phone, computer, and so much more. The first units will begin shipping early 2014. Pre-order today to reserve yours. Your muscles talk, Myo listens Eight EMG sensors, a nine-axis IMU, and ten thousand ways to use them With eight advanced EMG sensors and a…

Connecting Liquid Rhythm to an External MIDI Device

Liquid Rhythm, when used in Standalone mode, is easy to connect to an external MIDI device. The device needs to be connected to the computer and Liquid Rhythm will automatically detect it. These are the three steps you would need to follow to send MIDI data (Note, there is a video at the end that show these steps as well): Open the Mixer View, either through the toolbar or through…

luminith

Luminth: Plug it in. Make music.

Luminth! Click, turn, push+turn. Generate melodies, percussive grooves, and ambient soundscapes. Read the full article here. Who is it for? Luminth and Luminth Orbiter are for everyone who enjoys creating music. Beginners can start playing immediately: no musical training is necessary. Experienced musicians will enjoy a new approach to making music. Can be used to: Generate new melodic and rhythmic ideas Play relaxing music at the end of a long…

touch-board-midi-controller-paint

Touchboard: Draw Your Next DJ Controller With Paint?

Touchboard – Now anyone can transform touch into sound (and so much more!) with the TouchBoard, an easy-to-use Arduino-compatible device. We’ve seen exciting touch-based projects in the MIDI controller in the past – most notably the conductive Makey Makey board that allowed bananas (or any conductive object) to be turned into a simple trigger for any type of project. Bare Conductive, the team behind TouchBoard, got their start making conductive paint that allowed users…

fast-company-wavedna

Tyler Hayes – Reinventing MIDI For A Big Data World

Tyler Hayes Article: Standardized for 30 years, MIDI continues to be useful to a lot of musicians despite its age. Still, WaveDNA is trying to improve MIDI and give it a new outlook on life. Like a lot of older technologies past their prime, MIDI was widely implemented and so it remains key for a lot of musicians–even some 30 years later. With an older standard comes the headaches of…

A hands-on school project video experimenting with WaveDNA’s Liquid Rhythm

For a school project, we were told to create a stop-motion animation piece. Since we were given so much freedom on what our subject matter and concept could be, I decided to base my design on something real—since it’s very easy to fall into the habit of just making up random companies or products that don’t exist for the sake of your design aesthetic when you are given full control…

haig at work

My long-distance relationship with WaveDNA

Hi, I’m Haig! You might remember me from such Liquid Rhythm publications as the “User Manual,” the “Quick Start Guide,” and the “Installation Guide.” I also designed the nifty .dmg window all you Mac users are greeted by before you install Liquid Rhythm. During the majority of my employment with WaveDNA, I’ve been living in Halifax where I go to school. Superficially, it’s easy to consider this a disadvantage: I…

SOFTPEDIA “100% CLEAN” AWARD

We received the following notification from Softpedia “Liquid Rhythm” has been tested in the Softpedia labs using several industry-leading security solutions and found to be completely clean of adware/spyware components. We are impressed with the quality of your product and encourage you to keep these high standards in the future. For the full article read-on or visit our page on Softpedia.   A versatile beat generation software solution for OS…

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. More Information...

The cookie settings on this website are set to "Allow Cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings, or you click "Accept" below, then you are consenting to this. For further information, please see our Terms and Conditions, Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy.

Close