How to use Liquid Rhythm as a VST plugin in Cubase 7:
How to route MIDI from Liquid Rhythm to another plugin in Cubase 7:
In addition to watching the video above, you can follow these steps:
- Create a new project in Cubase 7.
- Click Devices > VST Instruments to open the VST instruments window. Note: This is not the same as creating an instrument track.
- In the VST Instruments window, click a blank slot that says no instrument and create a Liquid Rhythm instrument.
- When Cubase prompts you with this window: Click Create.
- In the VST Instruments window, create a Groove Agent track (for example.. You can use any plugin you want). Again, when asked if you want to create a MIDI track assigned to the plugin, click Create.
After these steps, your arrange page should look like this:
**Notice how VST Instruments and MIDI tracks are separated**
- Select the Groove Agent MIDI track (like in the picture above) and set the MIDI input routing to Liquid Rhythm – MIDI Out.
- Mute the Liquid Rhythm VST Instrument in the Cubase Mixer (so you don’t have both Groove Agent and Liquid Rhythm playing at the same time).
- Load a drum set in Groove Agent (in the pic above, I’m using Banger).
Voila! You are now using Liquid Rhythm as an instrument and another plugin as a sound source!
Don’t hesitate to contact our support team if you have any more questions about setting this up.
How to use Liquid Rhythm’s multi-output mode with Cubase 7: