Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro Updated to Version 1.3.4!
Bug Fixes, Improvements, and Better Ableton Push Support
This release features many small improvements and important bugfixes. One particular improvement, called the Scale Selector (Max For Live plugin mode only), allows you to start experimenting with melody pattern generation. Load any melodic synth, choose a clip, then select a key signature and scale from a dropdown menu in Liquid Rhythm. Tracks with MIDI notes not in that scale are now hidden, so select many tracks and generate patterns – the composition will always be in key. (Great for generating random patterns across multiple tracks!)
On the Ableton Live front; Liquid Rhythm’s support and MIDI script integration for the Ableton Push has been improved as well. We’ve created a video (featuring WaveDNA’s own DJ Shine) showing off Liquid Rhythm and the Push together in action.
More details of all the updates in version 1.3.4 are listed in the release notes below. Enjoy these and other fun and exciting updates to Liquid Rhythm and Liquid Rhythm Intro.
To download a copy of the latest version, please click on the download link below for your system.
Note: To use the MaxForLive Clips plugin in Ableton Live 9, update your Max to version 6.1.6 before installing Liquid Rhythm. (the Max update must be installed first.)
What’s New in 1.3.4?
The list below summarizes the new features, bug fixes, and workflow improvements included in the latest version.
Improvements and Updates
- Live 9 Max For Live plugin mode only:
- Scale Selector: Generate melodic patterns by hiding away note lanes not in a specific key. Select root, mode, and octaves.
- Lock Clip button (from the Clip Selector) added to the Ableton Push layout.
- Improved performance when switching Live clips and loading larger Live clips in Liquid Rhythm.
- Clip selector feature is accessible when no clip in selected within Ableton.
- Liquid Rhythm.amxd patch now has a very small version number printed in the bottom right corner.
- Untitled Live clips now display as track name and clip number in Liquid Rhythm.
- Hitting User mode in Ableton Push to gain access to Liquid Rhythm features will perform an auto-refresh to capture any changes made to the clip.
- Kit Editor: Organize and save instruments together as a Kit in Liquid Rhythm. (Available in the Kit Tab in the Library Browser, and the View Menu.)
- The Randomizer panel’s fourth slider can now be used to control randomization of Velocity, Groove Offset, or Both together, via a dropdown menu.
- In Diagnostics tab, enabling Diagnostic logging has been changed from a drop-down to a checkbox for ease of selection.
- Added the option to swap between eighth-note and quarter-note based indicators in the BeatBuilder. (Right-Click on the numbers above the BeatForm Sequencer or BarForm List to choose.)
- Fixed an issue that would cause the first light in the step sequencer to not illuminate on the Push during playback.
- Fixed an issue causing MIDI exports to double the .mid extension.
- Fixed an issue that would cause a crash when dragging BeatForms from the BeatForm Palette while the Accent Modifiers had a non-zero groove setting.
- Changing clip name within Liquid Rhythm is now undo/redoable.
- The connection between Liquid Rhythm’s UI and the Audio Engine has been improved to avoid startup issues. (Better cleanup strategy on launch.)
- Fixed an issue caused by using the GrooveMover to change the Barform color pattern and later using the BeatBuilder’s next/previous Barform buttons.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the “Focus Region follows Playhead” command to not handle loops less than a bar in length.
- Fixed an issue that would cause Liquid Rhythm to enter into a bad state when unlocking a Live clip with the Clip Selector.
- Fixed the option to trigger playback of a Live clip from the Clip Selector.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause Ableton Push to receive updates from Liquid Rhythm when not in User Mode.
- Fixed an issue that would prevent Beat Sequencer preferences from saving.
- Fixed an issue that would cause track headers to lose their colour when deleting multiple tracks and then choosing undo.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the ruler bar to display an incorrect bar number (off-by-one).
- Audio Export remembers settings, and it is saved with the project. But it could contain stale track information if a track exported was later deleted. This is now fixed.
- Fixed an issue that would cause the file chooser dialog box to appear behind Liquid Rhythm on Windows.
Known Issues and Limitations
- Liquid Rhythm Max for Live Clip mode: Moving MIDI tracks around in live while Liquid Rhythm is open may cause Live to crash.
- Liquid Rhythm Max for Live Clip mode: Does not support created Drum Racks that have multiple samples loaded into a single drum pad (i.e. “Multis”.
- Overdub recording mode is glitchy.
- Real-time MIDI recording has some lag.
- Pressing Undo during MIDI record can cause Liquid Rhythm to crash.
- MIDI scripting for some devices (QuNeo, Base) is limited to Liquid Rhythm Standalone mode. We are currently working to add support for other modes.
- Liquid Rhythm may be unresponsive when computer goes to sleep and wakes.